The streets of my neighbourhood are dotted with Christmas trees tonight—tomorrow morning is the last day the City picks up those final green remnants of holiday cheer. It’s one way to mark the end of the season.
The holidays were short, but lovely. A few highlights, expressed in weblinks:
- A “Christmas Basket Party” in support of the Parkdale Parents Primary Prevention Project
- Playing “Thieving Santa” at the office Christmas party. Got a fabulous and festive CD (100% CanCon!): The Gospel Christmas Project
- The Festival of Lights in Kensington Market
- Montreal comes to visit: Cameron House, Ronnie’s, La Hacienda, Fresh on Spadina
- Mini high school reunion at Victory Café
- Dirty Dancing at the Royal Alexandra Theatre
- Midnight Mass
- Mom’s favourite: Almond Roca.
- 32nd Annual Christmas Treats Walk at the Toronto Zoo. (Narrowly escaping death?)
- Celebrating New Year’s at a ‘smelly condo’: in the absence of Cranium, making our own mad-libs inspired game out of red and green construction paper; watching the 100th anniversary of the ball dropping in Times Square
- Afternoon tea at the Royal York Hotel