All of this lovely sun over the past week or so has duped many a bud in the city into blossoming a fortnight early. Since our “garden” consists of an itty bitty pile of soil tossed in a corner and our household consists of one far-from-green thumb and one indoor plant enthusiast, here spring has sprung in a different way.
Late last week, we gained five new leafy, trunky, bulbous, or petal-bearing pals, bringing our total to 15 or thereabouts.
The current inventory of domestic flora is as follows:
- Tropical Monstrosity (referred to as such for excellent reasons – however surely lovely for a pretend day at the beach, piña coladas not included)
- Actually rather endearing Umbrella Tree
- Cute Little Fat House Plant in Funky Vase
- Bathroom tulips (still shy and tucked away) in sleek silver holder
- Kitchen tulips
- Vines/hanging plants (x2)
- Single white orchid (tall and lovely, behind kitchen sink)
- Three fuzzy aloe type things
- Small red and yellow leafy potted plant
- Other leafy green house plant
- Thin-leaved excited potted plant
- Mini rubber plant
- Mini wannabe Christmas tree (out-of-doors)
*Note: May not be actual scientific names.
With all the sun and all this green (minus the thumbs), it might not be May yet, but it sure feels like it.